The Canadian Society Of Aesthetics Specialty Nurses provides members with opportunities to be professionally educated, trained and regulated to ensure patient safety in all aspects of aesthetic surgical and non-surgical procedures.
The Canadian Society Of Aesthetic Specialty Nurses’ Website
Medical aesthetic nursing is a rapidly growing field. It is extremely important that nurses have the opportunity to be properly educated, trained and regulated to ensure patient safety in all aspects of the plastic surgery industry. Membership to CSASN will provide you with this knowledge. Surgical and non-surgical aesthetic nurses function in an increasingly challenging healthcare environment and are assuming more responsibility and expanded roles.
Comprehensive assessment and excellent communication skills are essential to managing patient care and promoting optimal outcomes. Your interest in a solid foundation for Aesthetic Nursing demonstrates your dedication to expanding your knowledge and skills, achieving optimal results and promoting patient safety. You want to enhance your knowledge to ensure that patients receive the best care possible.
~ Tracey Hotta, BScN, RN, CPSN, CANS – Editor ~
The mission of the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Specialty Nurses is to provide:
- current evidence-based education
- the highest standards to protect the public in ensuring their safety
- forums to promote professional growth and personal advancement for nurses whose primary focus is in aesthetic medicine
- to provide a forum and communication tool to inform and educate aesthetic specialty nurses on surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatments or procedures
- to unite the nursing members to establish guidelines for professional standards, promoting ethical practice, and protecting the status of the profession
- to promote and advance the qualifications and professional practice of aesthetic specialty nursing
The Canadian Society of Aesthetic Specialty Nurses is an integral society which will maintain and advance the practice of aesthetic nursing in the surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures and treatments.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Reduced rates to attend National and Regional Meetings
- Networking with Colleagues
- Keeping updated on current trends and technologies
- Resource Center for information on surgical and non-surgical aesthetic topics, needs and employment opportunities
- List of contact information regarding medical suppliers and vendors
- Access to educational opportunities such as ACLS, Certifications Confidential email access to other members
- Advancement into a leadership role
- Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) who have a current certificate of competence from their provincial college and upholds the philosophy of CSASN,
- RN / RPN / NP (surgical or non- surgical) working with Core Specialists (Plastics, dermatology, ENT, ophthalmology), OR
- RN / RPN / NP working with a non- core specialist upon provision of documentation that the Medical Director has been trained in aesthetic medicine, AND
- RN / RPN / NP who have an active membership with the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
REGULAR MEMBERSHIP FEES
1 YEAR: $150.00 | 2 YEARS: $300.00
Registered nurses and registered practical nurses, who have a current certificate of competence and uphold the philosophy of CSASN. They shall receive all the benefits of membership, will have the right to vote and may hold an executive position.
Note: A CV may be requested by the Executive Board to verify membership
CSASN 2022 Spring Conference
When: April.8th, 9th & 10th
Where : JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, BC.
Greetings and Happy New Year!
Our CSASN board members have been working hard organizing our Spring Conference meeting for 2022. This year our plan is to host an in-house meeting in Vancouver at the JW Parq Marriott hotel.
General Registration will open January.1st 2022.
First come, first serve will be honored.
An email for General admissions and payment will be sent out Jan.1st, 2022.
An email for registration and payment for the Cadaver Lab will be sent out Jan.29th, 2022. (Limited Quantities for both labs apply)
JW Parq Hotel will be offering a special rate of $279.00/night to our membership. Limited number of rooms available.
Attached you will find the conference agenda for this meeting
*In recognition of the evolving COVID-19 situation we will be offering refunds for the conference due to covid related mandates and illness*
Click Here for the Registrationhttps://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2022-csasn-spring-symposium-tickets-236212406667
Certification Testing Sites And Dates (Canada)
Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist and Certified Plastic Surgical Nurse
For more information and the registration application, go to www.psncb.org
Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist (CANS) Exam
The Plastic Surgical Nursing Certification Board is pleased to announce the Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist (CANS) exam!
To be eligible to apply for certification, the candidate must:
- Be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the United States, its territories or Canada, and
- Practice within one of the following specialties: Plastic/Aesthetic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, or Facial Plastic Surgery (ENT)
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience as a registered nurse within one of the listed Core Specialties above in a general staff, administrative, teaching, or research capacity within five (5) years prior to application, and
- Have spent at least fifty percent (50%) of practice hours within the core specialties during two (2) of the preceding five (5) years.
- Have your Medical Director endorse your application.
International Society of Plastic Aesthetic Nurses
Regulation of Health Product Advertising in Canada
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tracey Hotta, RN
Niala Kalliecharan NP
Kathryn Woodcock, RN
Dr Kenneth Smith MD
Vancouver, British Columbia
Angela Haff, RN
William McGillivary MD
Vancouver, British Columbia
Aundrea Trevors, RN
Renier van Aardt MD
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Katherine Fitz, RN
Dr. Ronald G. Zelt, MD, FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon
Erin Talbot, RN
Dr. T. Wayne Sefcik, MD FCFP
Amanda Van Ham, CANS
Aundrea Trevors, CANS
Caroline Uba, CANS
Christine Bui, CANS
Christine Taylor, CANS
Claudia Price, CPSN
Deborah Elias, CANS
Denise Schaefer, CANS
Diana Phillips, CANS
Emily Schultz, CANS
Isabelle Jubert, CPSN, CANS
Jacalyn Connors, CANS
Jacklyn Sudetic, CANS
Janice Lalonde, CANS
Jennifer Cajucom, CPSN
Jenny Atkins, CANS
Katherine Fitz O’Neil, CPSN
Kathryn Woodcock, CANS
Lisa Gosset, CANS
Lorilei McNish, CANS
Marcelle Caruana, CANS
Marie Nieminen, CANS
Michele Cluff, CANS
Nancy Owens, CANS
Sharon Vandecasteyen, CANS
Shelley Clarke, CPSN
Sunny Kim, CANS
Tania Theriault, CANS
Tracey Hotta, CPSN
Vanessa Fedorchuk, CANS